Pistachio and White Bean Chili
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic Pinch of red pepper flakes
3/4 cup diced onions 2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 cups chopped green chiles 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves,
(fresh or canned) chopped
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken 1 15-ounce can white/navy
breasts, finely chopped beans, drained
4 cups chicken stock 6 ounces shelled Kirkland
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin Signature pistachios
1 tablespoon dried oregano Sour cream
1-2 teaspoons ground Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions
and chiles and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken, chicken stock, cumin, oregano, black pepper, white pepper,
red pepper flakes, sugar and cilantro. Lower the heat to medium and cook,
stirring occasionally, for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Stir in beans and pistachios. Cook for 20 more minutes.
4. Top each serving with a scoop of sour cream and a cilantro sprig.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Serve with cornbread, if desired.
2 ounces sweet Italian sausage,
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups diced green bell peppers
1 cup diced yellow bell peppers
2 cups diced onions
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 51-ounce can Sea Watch*
chopped sea clams
2 15-ounce cans white kidney
beans (cannellini), drained
1 15-ounce can black-eyed
1 tablespoon chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 jalapeño chile, seeded
Hot pepper sauce to taste
1. In a large soup pot, slowly sauté sausage in olive oil, crumbling with the
back of a spoon.
2. When sausage is almost cooked, add bell peppers and onions.
Sauté until onions are translucent.
3. Deglaze the pot with wine and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Drain the juice from the clams into the pot, reserving the clams.
5. Add remaining ingredients except for the clams and simmer for
6. Add clams and heat to serving temperature. Makes 16-20 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.