1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 cup minced onions
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups milk
2 potatoes, cubed
2 1/2 cups cold water
5 cups Normandy Blend frozen vegetable mix
Freshly ground pepper
1. Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and
thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened.
2. Add milk, potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer
until the potatoes are almost tender.
3. Stir in frozen vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer 2 cups of the solids to a blender and puree. Return to the pot.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.