French Beans “Niçoise”
LOS ANGELES SALAD COMPANY3
1 pound Los Angeles Salad Company French green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped black olives
1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper
1. Cook beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until nearly tender,
about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of iced water, then drain. (This can
be done ahead of time.)
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic, tomatoes,
pine nuts, olives, capers, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for
3. Add the beans and sauté for 1-2 more minutes.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe developed by Chef Jean-Pierre Bosc, Mimosa Restaurant, Los Angeles.
Long English Cucumber Tzatziki
BC HOT HOUSE5
1 BC Hot House* long English cucumber
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain yogurt, Greek or Balkan style
1 fresh garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Juice of 1 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Wash and cut cucumber lengthwise, leaving the skin on. Grate into a
strainer and let sit until the extra moisture drips off. Place cucumber in a
bowl and stir in salt.
2. Add yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice and black pepper to the bowl.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with olives and olive oil.
4. Serve as a dip with fresh vegetables or as a topping with nachos.
Makes 1 medium-sized bowl.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.