4 Basin Gold russet potatoes, cleaned and cut into 1/4-inch-wide fries
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Soak potatoes in a bowl of ice water for 15-20 minutes. Remove and pat
the fries until dry.
3. Coat the fries with olive oil and salt.
4. Place the fries on a nonstick baking sheet (or use nonstick spray) in a
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden. Turn and bake for
another 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and additional salt to taste.
7. Serve immediately. Makes 4-6 servings.
Tip: For extra flavor, try tossing baked fries with grated Parmesan cheese
or minced garlic and chopped parsley.
Southwest Potatoes and Chicken
TOP BRASS/FARM FRESH DIRECT5
1 medium russet or Yukon Gold potato, or 2-3 red potatoes
1 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast half, or 5-6 chicken tenders
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 1- to 1 1/4-ounce packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Scrub potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise and then slice into 1/4-inch-thick
2. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips. If using chicken tenders, no slicing
3. Place chicken, tomatoes and taco seasoning in a microwave-safe dish and
stir to combine.
4. Layer sliced potatoes on top of the chicken mixture in a single layer,
leaving the center empty for venting.
5. Top with cheese.
6. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and microwave on high for 12 minutes,
or until potatoes and chicken are done (test with a fork*).
7. Let stand for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Caution: If using plastic wrap, use oven mitts or tongs to remove it from the dish to avoid burns
from the steam.