1 quart chicken or seafood broth
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/2 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine or water
2 cups Delano Farms* grapes, halved
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
Italian parsley or additional rosemary, for garnish
1. Heat broth to boiling in a saucepan; reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots
and mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
3. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add wine and cook until wine is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add hot broth 1 cup at a time, stirring
occasionally, until broth is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
6. Add grapes, Parmesan and rosemary for the last 5 minutes of cooking
time. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with parsley or rosemary. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe developed by Amy Muzyka-McGuire, dietitian/certified culinary professional.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Provolone Risotto with
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 3/4 cups Arborio rice
1 cup dry white wine
6 cups chicken stock, heated
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups shredded Belgioioso* Mild Provolone cheese
Salt and pepper
3 cups grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy 3-quart stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent.
2. Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
3. Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until it has been absorbed.
4. Add 1 cup hot chicken stock and cook, stirring constantly, until it has
been absorbed. Add another cup of stock and continue the process until
all the stock has been absorbed.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter.
6. Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until cheese is melted.
7. Stir in tomatoes.
8. Taste to adjust seasoning. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.