Cheesy Stuffed Colored Peppers
2 whole Royal Flavor* red, yellow or orange bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 cup diced Royal Flavor* yellow bell pepper
1 cup diced Royal Flavor* red bell pepper
1 cup cooked rice
1 1/2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
I Side Dishes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Split whole peppers in half and seed them. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until
translucent. Add chopped peppers and continue sautéing for 3-4 minutes, or
until peppers are tender.
4. In a large bowl, stir together rice, ranch dressing mix and sautéed pepper/
onion mixture. Fold in cheese.
5. Stuff pepper halves with the rice/cheese mixture. Place in a baking dish
and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe developed by Amy Muzyka-Mc Guire, dietitian/certified culinary professional.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.