Curried Chicken and Grape Salad
1 roasted chicken DRESSING
1 cup Cal Sales or Kirschenman red 1/2 cup mayonnaise
or green seedless grapes 2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 cup diced dried apricots 2 teaspoons honey
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup golden raisins 2 teaspoons lime juice
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Butter lettuce leaves
1. Remove the meat from the roasted chicken and cut into cubes.
2. Place the chicken in a large bowl and add grapes, apricots, red onion,
raisins, pine nuts, celery and green onions. Toss gently.
3. To prepare the dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the dressing over the chicken salad and toss until the mixture is coated.
5. Serve in butter lettuce cups. Makes 4 entrée or 6 luncheon servings.
Recipe developed by Linda Carey, culinary specialist.