Pecan-Crusted Maple Dijon Alaska Cod
1/2 cup pecans, halves or pieces
1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
4 Trident Seafoods Premium Alaska Cod frozen fillet portions
1. Set the oven rack in the upper third and preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place pecans and bread crumbs in a food processor and pulse until the texture
is moderately fine, with pecan bits still large enough to be crunchy.
3. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, mustard, and salt and pepper
4. Place cod fillets on a greased sheet pan and spread maple-Dijon sauce
over each. Sprinkle with pecan-bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake for 12-18 minutes if fish is thawed, 25-30 minutes if frozen, or until
the fish is just opaque in the center. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, almonds or peanuts can be
substituted for the pecans.