1 8-ounce wedge Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 8-ounce wedge fontina or Taleggio cheese
1 6-ounce wedge Gorgonzola cheese
1 tablespoon honey
2 clusters red or green (or a combination) seedless grapes
2 cups Medjool dates
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup shelled whole walnuts or pecans, toasted
1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
1. Arrange the cheeses together on a large platter.
2. Drizzle honey around the Gorgonzola.
3. Arrange the fruit, nuts and bread around the cheese.
4. Serve, allowing guests to compose their own assortment of cheese,
fruit, nuts and bread on their plates. Makes 4-6 servings.
Spinach Roll Appetizer
POPEYE FRESH FOODS5
10 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 package phyllo leaves, thawed
20 ounces Popeye* spinach (half of 40-ounce bag)
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg yolk
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons butter.
3. Unroll phyllo leaves, brush each evenly with melted butter and stack.
Immediately cover phyllo with a damp towel to keep moist.
4. Steam spinach until tender. Drain, squeezing out most of the water.
5. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and
sauté until translucent. Add spinach and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Transfer spinach to a mixing bowl and beat in ricotta and egg yolk.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
8. Lay the stack of phyllo leaves on a flat surface. Spread the spinach mixture
over the surface. Roll up the pastry into a tight cylinder. Cut in 1/2-inch slices
and lay flat on a buttered baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
9. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes 20 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.