Do you know beauty when you see it? The exotic? A scene that
shows life at its best? Take a picture that captures the moment and
maybe you can be a Costco International Photo Contest winner.
You don’t have to be a professional photographer, just someone with a
good eye and a camera. Submitting your entry is easy, and the rewards
are enticing. Don’t wait. Start clicking away now!
To enter online and get additional information, go to
Contest ends September 30, 2008.
International Grand Prize
$2,500 Costco Cash card (or equivalent)
First Prize: $1,500 Costco Cash card
Second Prize: $1,000 Costco Cash card
Third Prize: $500 Costco Cash card
All winners will also receive: A Fuji QuickSnap Flash One-Time-Use camera and a photo album. (Honorable mentions to be
awarded at judges’ discretion.)
Submit online at
or cut out and tape this entry
form to the back of a 4" x 6" or
5" x 7" photo and mail to:
Costco Members City
P.O. Box 34088
All entries must
be postmarked by
September 30, 2008.
Location of Photo
Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.
1. To enter by mail, submit an unframed, unmounted black-and-white or
color picture ( 4” x 6” or 5” x 7”) with the entry form securely affixed to the
back. Online entries should be in JPEG format. Save a high-quality print
(which will be required) in the event you are a winner.
2. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best Shot.” Winning entries
will be those that best reflect the theme. Decisions of the judges are final.
3. Photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s name, address,
membership number and telephone number have been written legibly
on the entry form and attached to the back of the photo.
4. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
5. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder of Costco. No prizes will
be awarded until entrant’s membership status has been verified as current
6. One entry per membership cardholder; additional entries will be disqualified. Previously published photographs are acceptable.
7. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries submitted.
8. Photos must be suitable for family viewing.
9. Contestants must know the names and addresses of all identifiable
people in their photographs.
10. All entries become the property of Costco. Receipt of entries cannot be
acknowledged and entries cannot be returned. Costco assumes no
responsibility for submitted photographs.
11. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation and members of their
immediate families (spouse/domestic partner and any children age 18
years or older living with the employee and having a valid Costco card)
are not eligible to enter. Employees of sponsoring companies or
members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. A separate
contest will be held for Costco employees and their immediate families.
12. Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2008. Award winners will
be notified by December 2008. Winners will be notified by mail.
13. Mail entries to: Costco Photo Contest, P. O. Box 34088, Seattle, WA
14. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, where a license is
required or where subject to tax (other than tax on prizes awarded). All
federal, provincial, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the
15. All fees and personal expenses incidental to redemption of prizes (as
deemed necessary) will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notification. If not claimed by
this date, the prizes will be forfeited. All claims thereto following this
date will be null and void.
17. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the sole discretion of the
sponsor. All restrictions apply.
18. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her name, likeness, city,
winning photo and negative may be used by Costco for promotional and
publication purposes without additional compensation. Prior to receiving
prizes, each winner will be required to sign a release provided by Costco to
this effect and obtain a release or permission from anyone with proprietary
rights in the winning photograph (such as artwork, trademarks or a person’s
likeness). Refusal or inability to provide such releases or permissions will
result in entrant’s disqualification in this photo contest, and any prizes will
19. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest should any
cause beyond the control of Costco affect the administration, security,
fairness, integrity or proper operation of the contest, or for any other
reason it deems appropriate, at its sole and absolute discretion.
Contest software powered by