Mercerized. The mercerization process removes irregularities from the woven
fabric, leaving it extremely smooth and soft. Mercerization also increases the
yarn’s luster, strength and affinity for dye pickup, resulting in improved shade
brilliancy and evenness.
Anti-crease finish. This finish gives easy-care ironing properties to sheets
and also improves the softness and handling after every wash without substantially affecting the sheen of the fabric.
Yarn-dyed. Dyeing yarn before it is woven or knitted results in a more uniform color. A
TIPS & TRICKS
HELPFUL HO W TO’S
YOU GOTTA KNOW HOW TO FOLD ’EM
IS THERE ANY household task more challenging
than folding a fitted sheet? For most people, the
answer is a resounding no. Here is the process
1. Slip your hand into two top corners of the sheet.
2. With one hand inside each of the top two
corners, fold the sheet in half horizontally (right
sides together). Slip each of the top corners into
one of the bottom corners.
3. Lay the sheet on a bed or table. Arrange and
fold the corners neatly. Turn in the selvage
edges enough to make four straight sides.
4. Fold in half, then in half again. (All four corners
will be stacked together, and the sheet will be
in a long strip.)
5. Fold the long strip in half, then in half
(or thirds, depending on the size of the sheet)
again to make a square.
6. Smooth sheet and place on shelf.
1. Learn how to fold sheets consistently so that
they remain neat each time.
2. Store sheets in sets (flat, fitted and cases) if
that is how you use them.
3. Mark shelves with sheet sizes, or use different
shelves for different-size sheets.
4. For patterned sheets, fold the bottom sheet
inside out and the top sheet right side out,
and you’ll be able to easily tell the difference.
TO GET THE BEST from your sheets, it’s
important to know a little bit about your
mattress. Before buying a sheet set, make
sure you know the size of your mattress.
Keep the following factors in mind:
• The new pillow-top styles may be
18 to 21 inches deep. Measure the
thickness of your mattress to see
if you need “deep-pocket” sheets.
• What is a California king versus an
Eastern king? A California king-size
mattress is 84 inches long by 72 inches
wide. It is longer but slightly narrower
than an Eastern king. California kings
are usually found only in homes in California, homes of former Californians who
have taken their mattresses with them
elsewhere and homes of basketball
players. An Eastern king-size mattress is
80 inches long by 78 inches wide. This
size is usually found everywhere else in
the country and usually just takes on
the designation king-size without the
word “Eastern” preceding it. A