• Send a holiday video instead of a holiday into the future.
card with a still image. • Have a picnic in the living room.
• Make a thank-you video as a teacher’s gift. • Plant a flower. Record it for 5 seconds
• Create a video journal of a family trip. every day.
• Let the kids re-create their favorite • Record your new baby for 5 seconds
cartoon—in real life. every day for a year.
• Interview family members for a video • Make a music video.
family tree. • Create a video scavenger hunt.
Let your child be a star
Whatever your child’s hobby or talent is, from playing the piano to cheerleading, videotape him or her weekly and enjoy the performances. Sometimes
a child is too shy to perform for relatives, but will be thrilled when you show
her the movie where she’s the star!
Let your pet be a star
Teach your pet a trick and videotape it. You’ll enjoy your talented pet for
years to come.
Help your child be a success in school
Videotape your child reading material that will be tested on at school. Then
watch the tape a few times. Before long, your child will have it memorized.
This technique also works well for learning a new language or memorizing
Turn everyday events into a vacation
Videotape that memorable restaurant, the walk in the woods and any
other adventure that you’ll want to relive. A
STEPS TO SMART PRINTING
YOU CAN BLOW your budget at home and
at the office with wasted printouts from your
printer. Save money and time—and get the
best results—by taking these steps to make
sure you’re printing properly.
• Save paper by printing on both sides.
• Save ink by printing in draft mode.
• Print multiple documents on one sheet
• Use branded inks and papers to ensure
the quality of your prints and the life of
• Before printing photos, check that your print
settings are set to “Best” or “Photo quality.”
• Use your printer software to expand your
ability to print from the Web with options
such as text only, print preview and
• Use wireless printing to print from anywhere
in your home or office. A