and also offer surge protection, usually in the
form of a resettable circuit breaker.
Many video games offer cinema-like 5. 1
surround sound (the “ 5” indicates five main
sound channels: a stereo pair in front flanking a center channel, and two “surround”
speakers placed on the rear wall; the “. 1”
represents a subwoofer for low frequencies).
Jasak recommends placing the stereo and
center channel speakers at ear level and
mounting the surround speakers behind the
field of play, 24 inches higher than the front
array. “Home-theater-in-a-box systems are
fine for most game rooms,” he says, “but
place the subwoofer in a corner to maximize
the bass response.”
Finally, lighting can give the game room a
dramatic touch. Add dimmers to wall light
switches. Track lights can be used to intensify
lighting over board and tabletop games as
well as used for wall washes. And rope lighting can be both decorative and used to mark
out specific game spaces in the room.
The diversity of entertainment options
these days can pull family members in different directions. With a family game room,
everyone is engaged and in the same space.
And as Desireé Griffiths likes to point out,
“You know where the kids are.” C
Dan Daley is a journalist and author who
covers technology and business for numerous
Today’s style for your home entertainment center Charleston Deluxe TV Console ; Hardwoods and wood veneers with hand-applied cherry ;nish ; Adjustable self-closing European hinges ; Brushed nickel hardware and raised panel doors ; Media- storage drawers with full-extension ball-bearing slides ; Removable back panels and ventilated component shelves ; Interchangeable wood, glass and mesh door panels ; Cable wheels help organize component cables ITM/ART 438210 WAREHOUSE ONLY
Wii Fit Plus Bundle
Includes Wii Balance
Board™ accessory and
Wii Fit Plus game
• New strength-training, yoga and balance-based activities plus
all the original Wii Fit exercises.
• 15 fun new Training Plus activities. Over 60 activities in all to
keep your family active.
• Create custom workouts, track results and measure calories burned.
• New multiplayer mode makes Wii Fit Plus fun for the whole family.
• Create personal profiles for yourself, your family and even your pets.
Already Own Wii Fit?
Enhance your workout
and keep fitness fun
with Wii Fit Plus.
The impressive upgrade to one of
the world’s most popular interactive
• New strength-training, yoga and balance-based activities plus all
the original Wii Fit exercises.
• Set training goals for yourself, test your balance, track your progress
with daily workouts.
• Count calories as you burn them.
• Customize your own workouts and build your own fitness regimen.
• Over 60 activities to choose from.
• Wii Fit Plus will automatically recognize your Wii Fit profile.
Wii console sold separately.
© 2007-2009 Nintendo. Wii Fit and Wii are trademarks of Nintendo. Visit us at www.nintendo.com.