No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary
to enter or win this contest.
For online entries and additional information
go to www.costcophotocontest.com.
Costco Photo Contest 2010
Submit online at
or cut out and tape this entry
form to the back of a 4" x 6"
or 5" x 7" photo and mail to:
P.O. Box 34088
All entries must be postmarked
by September 30, 2010.
Location of Photo
Please sign that you have read and understand the contest rules.
1. The theme of the contest is “Give Us Your Best Shot.” Winning
entries will be those that best re;ect the theme. Decisions of the
judges are ;nal.
2. Entrant must be a current membership cardholder of Costco. No
prizes will be a warded until entrant’s membership status has been
veri;ed as current by Costco.
3. One entry per membership cardholder. Except for those photos
that have previously won this photo contest, previously published
photographs are acceptable.
4. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
5. To enter online, visit www.costcophotocontest.com. Online
entries must be in JPEG format.
6. To enter by mail, submit an unframed, unmounted black-and-
white or color photograph ( 4" x 6" or 5" x 7") with the entry form
securely af;xed to the back. If entering by mail, save a high-quality
print (which will be required by Costco in the event you are a winner.)
No CDs or ;lm negatives will be accepted.
7. Mailed-in photos will not be judged unless the entrant’s name,
home address, membership number and telephone number have
been written legibly on the entry form and attached to the back of the
photo. Mail entries to: Costco Members Photo Contest, P.O. Box
34088, Seattle, WA 98124-1088.
8. Entries must be postmarked or uploaded by midnight (PS T)
September 30, 2010. Award winners will be noti;ed by December
2010. Winners will be noti;ed by mail.
9. All photographic prints submitted become the property of Costco.
Receipt of entries will not be ackno wledged and prints will not be
returned. Costco assumes no responsibility for submitted
photographs. Entrant will continue to own copyright of the entry.
10. Photos must be suitable for family viewing.
11. Winning entrants must agree to grant to Costco a
non-exclusive right to publish the photo and entrant’s name in any
medium in connection with the photo contest, and to sign any
documentation required by Costco to effect or perfect such license.
Each winner represents that he or she has all the rights necessary
to grant this license.
12. Each winner must agree in writing that his or her name,
likeness, city, winning photo and negative or digital ;le may be used
by Costco for promotional and publication purposes without additional
compensation. Prior to receiving prizes, each winner will be required
to sign a release provided by Costco to this effect and obtain a
release or permission from anyone with rights in the winning
photograph (such as art work, trademarks or a person’s likeness).
Failure to provide such releases or permissions will result in entrant’s
disquali;cation in this photo contest, and any prizes will be forfeited.
13. All fees and personal expenses incidental to redemption of prizes
(as deemed necessary) will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
14. No substitution or transfer of prizes except at the sole
discretion of the sponsor. All restrictions apply.
15. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, where a
license is required or where subject to tax (other than tax on prizes
awarded). All federal, provincial, state and local taxes are the sole
responsibility of the winners.
16. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of noti;cation. If not
claimed by this date, the prizes will be forfeited. All claims thereto
follo wing this date will be null and void.
17. Employees of Costco Wholesale Corporation, board members
and members of their families (spouse/domestic partner and any
children age 18 years or older living with the employee and having a
valid Costco card) are not eligible to enter. Employees of sponsoring
companies or members of their families are not eligible to enter. A
separate contest will be held for Costco employees, board members
and their families.
18. Costco reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest
should any cause beyond the control of Costco affect the
administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of
the contest, or for any other reason it deems appropriate, at its sole
and absolute discretion.