Where Does a
Healthy Mouth Begin?
First, protect your teeth.
Tooth decay is sneaky, so don’t
give it a chance to attack.
A few basics can help keep
it at bay:
• Eat a balanced diet.
• Drink water instead of soda
and other sugary drinks.
Healthy Oral Care Habits
• Start Soft. A soft bristle—or electric—toothbrush
is best. Two minutes, twice a day.
• Fluoride Is Your Friend. Toothpastes like
Colgate Total® can help prevent cavities with
• Flossing. Seriously, just do it. It removes plaque from
surfaces between the teeth where your toothbrush
• Mouthwash. Make it count. It’s about more than
fresh breath. A rinse with fluoride and/or antibacterial
actives can provide extra protection for teeth
• Keep Up with Checkups. See your dentist at least
twice a year.
Talking, eating, kissing, dazzling everyone with your intellect. What don’t you need
your mouth for? Your confidence can soar when your mouth is healthy. Also, the
health of your mouth is an important step in maintaining the health of your body.