NEW YORK STYLE SAUSAGE
1 pound New York Style Sausage Italian sausage
1/4 cup olive oil
4 ounces butter
1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
10 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1 cup marinara sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 pound fettuccine, cooked until al dente and drained
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Remove sausages from casing and cook in olive oil in a skillet over medium
heat until crumbled and browned.
2. Drain off the oil and add butter, garlic, shallots and mushrooms. Cook until
tender and lightly browned.
3. Add wine and cook until reduced. Stir in heavy cream.
4. Add diced tomatoes, marinara sauce and basil; cook for 5 minutes on
medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour over cooked fettuccine and garnish with grated Parmesan.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.