Classic Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
Kirkland Signature Chicken Caesar Salad, croutons removed
8 10-inch flour tortillas
16 pieces crisp cooked bacon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place salad in a bowl, squeeze lemons over the salad and toss with half
of the provided dressing.
3. Divide tortillas into groups of 4 and seal in foil packages. Place packets
in the oven for about 20 minutes. (For a real treat, heat the tortillas for
about 20 seconds on each side over medium coals on the barbecue.)
4. Spread some of the reserved dressing on each warm tortilla, add the
salad, tuck in the sides and roll up like a cigar. For an added treat, place
2 pieces of bacon in each tortilla before rolling up. Cut in half diagonally.
Makes 8 tortilla wraps.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
NEW YORK APPLE/RICE FRUIT
Tuna Apple Tortilla Wraps
2 flour tortillas
2 tablespoons herbed cream cheese, puréed roasted peppers
1 large Empire or fresh Eastern Apple,* cored and thinly sliced
1 6-ounce can tuna in water, drained
1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise or sour cream
Ground pepper, to taste
Mild curry powder, optional
2 green onions, cut in half, sliced lengthwise
1. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of spread. Arrange apple slices
down the center of the tortillas to within 1 inch of the edges.
2. Flake the tuna into a small bowl and combine with mayonnaise and
pepper. Spoon tuna mixture over the apple slices. Sprinkle with mild curry
powder, if desired. Top with green onions.
3. Roll the wraps from front to back. Makes 2 wraps.
Recipe provided by Olwen Woodier, from The Apple Cookbook (Storey Books, 2001).
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.