CHICKEN OF THE SEA
Italian Caprese Bread Salad
1 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 24 slices),
toasted with olive oil and garlic
1 7-ounce bag European-style salad greens
3/4 cup red wine vinaigrette or other dressing of choice
2 6-ounce cans Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna
in spring water, drained
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
3 tablespoons capers, drained
1 cup diced plum tomatoes
1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
1 cup halved ripe olives
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Line each plate with 6 baguette slices.
2. Toss salad greens in a bowl with vinaigrette; divide evenly over
3. Gently flake tuna into a bowl and toss with parsley and capers;
4. Sprinkle tomatoes and mozzarella over salad greens. Top with
tuna and olives; garnish with basil. Makes 4 servings.
Grand Parisian Salad with
Grilled Beef Sirloin
1/4 cup minced shallots
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Juice of 1 lemon
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 pound beef sirloin steak
1 16-ounce bag Ready Pac Grand Parisian Salad
1. Combine shallots, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, thyme, lemon juice, salt
and pepper in a bowl or zipper-lock bag. Add sirloin and marinate
in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
2. Grill sirloin to desired doneness.
3. Place salad ingredients in a bowl and toss.
4. Cut sirloin into thin slices and serve over the salad. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Ready Pac Grand Parisian Salad can also be served with your
favorite grilled fish or poultry.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.