FRESH FARMED ATLANTIC SALMON
1 teaspoon each salt, dry mustard and dried thyme, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
4 6-ounce Fresh Farmed Atlantic Salmon fillets
2 teaspoons honey
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
2 quarts ( 8 cups) spinach leaves, with large stems removed
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups halved red California seedless grapes
1/2 cup dry red wine
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Combine salt, mustard, thyme and pepper in a small bowl. Rub
salmon with honey and sprinkle with some of the seasoning mixture.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Brown both sides of
salmon over medium-high heat.
3. Toss spinach and garlic with 1 teaspoon oil in a 9-by-13-inch baking
dish. Place salmon on spinach, cover loosely with foil and bake for
10 minutes, or until salmon has an internal temperature of 130°F.
4. Sauté grapes briefly in the skillet. Add wine, bring to a boil and
season to taste with remaining seasoning mixture and salt; continue
cooking to reduce by half.
5. Serve salmon on spinach;top with grape sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided by the California Table Grape Commission.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Salmon with Pistachio-Basil Butter
1/4 cup pistachios
10 large fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and pepper
Hot pepper sauce, optional
6 6-ounce portions fresh skinless salmon fillets
1/2 cup dry white wine, optional
Basil leaves, for garnish
1. Blend pistachios, basil leaves and garlic clove in a food processor until
finely chopped. Add butter and lime juice; blend until incorporated into
mixture. Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Chill.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Place salmon fillets in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish in a single
layer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake until fillet tips are
opaque, about 10 minutes.
4. Place 2 tablespoons pistachio-basil butter on each fillet. Pour wine
into the pan. Continue baking until fillets are opaque in the center, about
5 minutes. Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.