Shrimp and King Crab Fettuccine
with Olives and Artichokes
4 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed through a press,
or 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced shallot or onion
1 pound ConAgra raw U- 15 headless shrimp,
peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup chicken broth
8 ounces ConAgra* king crab meat, chopped
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 cup sliced green olives, drained
1 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add garlic,
shallot, shrimp, oregano and garlic powder. Sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in crab, artichokes
and olives and heat through.
3. Toss with fettuccine. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
Makes 4-6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Shrimp in Cilantro Tomato
1 package (1 1/2 pounds) frozen Margaritaville Island Lime Shrimp
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
1/2 cup light cream
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 pound angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté shrimp and garlic for
8-10 minutes, turning shrimp to cook evenly.
2. Add tomatoes, chicken broth and 1/4 cup cilantro. Bring to a boil,
then reduce heat. In a bowl, blend cream with cornstarch; stir into
shrimp and heat gently until sauce is slightly thickened.
3. Spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Makes 8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.