Scallop and Leek Stir-Fry
with Pine Nuts
1 1/2 pounds U/10 Atlantic Capes* sea scallops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 leeks (white part only),
cleaned and cut in thin strips or rings
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Red pepper flakes, optional
1. If scallops are frozen, thaw in the refrigerator for
3 hours or overnight.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté leeks
until soft. Add ginger and garlic and cook
for another 2 minutes, taking care to not burn the garlic.
Add scallops and sauté until opaque.
3. Add sherry and tamari to the pan and bring to a boil. Lower the
heat and cook for 1 minute.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in sesame oil, pine nuts
and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve over rice
or pasta. Makes 4-6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.