2 teaspoons cinnamon
COLUMBIA MARKETING INTERNATIONAL
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg CHELAN FRUIT
Caramel-Glazed Apple Cake
CAKE CARAMEL GLAZE
1 cup packed light brown sugar 4 tablespoons butter
1 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil 1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs Pinch of salt
3 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt Apple Cake
5 Washington Granny Smith
or Golden Delicious apples, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
cored, peeled and cut in 2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2-inch pieces 1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups peeled, chopped Trout*
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans 2 eggs
or walnuts 2 cups flour
Crisp Granny Smith apples
1 cup chopped nuts
2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 9-by-13-inch pan. 2 teaspoons cinnamon
2. To prepare the cake, beat both sugars and oil in a mixing bowl until very 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift 2. Cream together vanilla, sugar, butter and eggs in a large bowl.
together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt;gradually add to eggs, 3. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in
mixing just until blended. Stir in apples, pecans and vanilla; pour into pan. a medium bowl;add to butter mixture.
3. Bake for 50-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center 4. Stir in apples, nuts and raisins. Pour mixture into an ungreased
comes out clean. Let cool in the pan while preparing the glaze. 9-by-13-inch pan.
4. To prepare the glaze, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in 5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center
both sugars and salt; cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add cream comes out clean. Makes 12 servings.
and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
5. Poke holes in the cake with a skewer or toothpick. Pour on the glaze.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with whipped cream
or ice cream if desired. Makes 12 servings.