Super Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake
1 box ( 18 1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
1 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
1 cup water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray and lightly flour two 9-inch round
cake pans;set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with a mixer at low speed, blend cake mix,
mayonnaise, water, eggs and cinnamon for 30 seconds. Beat at
medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pans.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake springs back when touched
lightly in the center. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove
the cake from the pans and cool completely. Sprinkle, if desired, with
confectioners’ sugar or fill and frost. Makes 12 servings.
Chocolate Pear Delight
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons cocoa
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 fresh Dovex Marketing* Northwest Anjou or Bosc pear,
peeled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan;blend in flour.
In a separate pan, combine milk, cocoa and sugar and heat until hot but
not boiling; add immediately to flour mixture, stirring constantly.
3. Beat egg yolks in a bowl until light. Blend a small amount of the hot
sauce into the yolks; stir yolks into the sauce. Cook, stirring, over low heat
until slightly thickened. Cover and cool.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Lay sliced pears in a buttered 4-cup baking dish;pour chocolate
mixture over pears. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
Tip: This recipe can be doubled for 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.