MOUNTAIN VIEW FRUIT SALES
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
8 cups peeled and sliced I.M. Ripe label
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a 9-by-13-inch pan in the oven.
2. Combine peaches, 1 cup sugar and water in a large saucepan; heat just
to a boil.
3. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl;
stir in milk.
4. Pour batter over melted butter in the baking pan. Spoon fruit and juice
over the batter. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Bake for 35-40 minutes,
or until golden brown. Makes 12 servings.
Phyllo Cups with Asian Pears
4 Kingsburg Apple pluots
2 Kingsburg Apple Asian pears
1-1 1/4 cups sugar (to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 pound prepared phyllo dough
4 ounces butter (1/2 cup), melted
Whipped cream or ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 8-10 cups of a muffin tin.
2. Cut pluots and Asian pears in 1/2-inch cubes; place in a bowl.
Toss with 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger and walnuts. Set aside.
3. Layer 8 sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer with melted butter
and sprinkling with about 2 teaspoons sugar. Cut layered phyllo
dough into 6-inch rounds. Place the phyllo rounds in the muffin
cups and press to fit. Fill with the fruit mixture.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately,
topped with whipped cream or ice cream. Makes 8-10 servings.