Country Peach Tart
Pastry dough for single-crust 9-inch pie
4 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches or
frozen peaches, tha wed
12 packets Equal sweetener
(or 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful or Equal Sugar Lite)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Roll out pastry dough on a floured surface into a 12-inch circle;
transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine peaches, Equal,
flour, cinnamon and almond extract; toss until peaches are coated.
3. Arrange peaches on pastry, leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
Bring pastry edges toward the center, overlapping as necessary.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the
peaches are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.
WESTERN SWEET CHERRY
Cherry Almond Pie
Pastry dough for 2-crust 9-inch pie
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, divided
1 egg, beaten
4 cups pitted stem-free Northwest*
fresh sweet cherries
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons red wine
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Roll dough into a 16-inch circle and sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds;
roll gently to embed nuts in dough. Gently transfer to a lightly greased
baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg.
3. Mix cherries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and wine in a bowl; spoon
onto dough, leaving a 4-inch border. Lift edges of dough up and over fruit,
leaving a 5-inch circle of cherries showing in the center.
Fold in edges of pastry to form a circle. Brush pastry with egg;sprinkle with
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until pastry browns and filling bubbles.
Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Makes 8 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.