Classic New York-Style Cheesecake
8 zwieback toast slices, crushed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 8-ounce packages Raskas cream cheese, softened
16 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup raisins, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Mix zwieback crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press into the
bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
3. Beat eggs in a medium bowl until thick and lemon colored, about
5 minutes. Add 1 1/3 cups sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Blend in egg mixture
and sour cream. Pour into the pan. Sprinkle raisins over the top.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave cake in the oven with the
door ajar for 1 hour. Remove cake from the oven and let cool for 1 hour at
room temperature. Chill. Makes 12-16 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY
1 slice The Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake
3 whole fresh strawberries
1 ounce prepared strawberry glaze
4 ounces whipped cream
1. Place cheesecake on a dessert plate.
2. Clean and remove stems from strawberries. Roll strawberries in
strawberry glaze until lightly coated.
3. Garnish the cheesecake with the glazed strawberries.
4. Place whipped cream decoratively on the cheesecake and plate.
Makes 1 serving.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.