2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Smucker’s* Red Raspberry Preserves
(or Strawberry or Apricot Preserves)
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Cut in Crisco shortening with a pastry blender or a fork until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients;
add milk all at once. Stir with a fork until the dough clings together.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 10-12 strokes.
Roll dough into an 8-by-15-inch rectangle.
3. Spread Smucker’s preserves over the dough. Sprinkle with coconut.
4. Fold dough in half to make a 4-by-15-inch rectangle. Cut in 1-inch
strips. Holding strips at both ends, twist twice. Place on a lightly
greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 15 twists.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
GENERAL MILLS BAKERIES
12 Kirkland Signature Butter 1 cup cold milk
Croissants 1 package (4-serving size) instant
2 16-ounce packages fresh or cheesecake pudding
thawed mixed berries 1 8-ounce tub whipped topping,
(e.g., stra wberries, blueberries, thawed
raspberries) Confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon sugar Fresh strawberries, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Split croissants in half horizontally with a serrated knife and keep
together. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until
crust is flaky.
3. Mix berries with sugar in a medium bowl.
4. Pour milk into a medium bowl and add pudding mix. Beat with a
wire whisk for 2 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping.
5. To assemble, spread 1/2 cup of cheesecake filling on bottom croissant
slice. Layer on 1/2 cup of berry mixture and then the croissant top.
Dust with confectioners’sugar and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Serve with a dollop of cheesecake filling on the side. Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Berry mixture and cheesecake filling can be made in advance
and refrigerated until ready to serve.