Bread Pudding with
White Chocolate Sauce
6 cups cubed Sara Lee Honey Wheat Bread
2 cups peeled, cored and chopped tart apples
2 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup each: chopped dried apricots,
sweetened dried cranberries and coconut
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
Toasted coconut for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 mini loaf pans ( 7 1/2 by 3 3/4 inches) with
aluminum foil; coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine bread, apples, 1 1/2 cups cream, sugar, eggs,
apricots, cranberries, coconut, butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until bread
is moistened. Pour into the prepared pans.
3. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out
clean. Cool on a wire rack. Lift pudding out of pan, remove foil and slice.
4. To prepare sauce, microwave 3/4 cup cream on high for 1 minute, or until it
starts to simmer. Add white chocolate and whisk until smooth.
5. Serve warm sauce with the bread pudding. Garnish with toasted coconut.
Makes 6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.