1 12-ounce tub whipped dessert topping, thawed, divided
1 10-ounce jar lemon curd
3 Kirkland Signature blueberry muffins, cut in 3/4-inch chunks
1 21-ounce can wild blueberry pie filling
1 pint fresh blueberries (reserve a few for garnish)
Grated fresh lemon peel
1. Reserve 2 cups of the dessert topping. Remove lid from lemon curd
and microwave the jar for about 1 minute to soften; stir. This makes it
easier to spread.
2. In a 2-quart glass bowl, layer lemon curd, remaining dessert topping,
muffin chunks, blueberry pie filling and fresh blueberries, in that order.
Continue layering until all ingredients are used, approximately 3 layers,
ending with lemon curd. Top with the reserved dessert topping.
3. Garnish with lemon peel and reserved fresh blueberries.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Variation: Use Kirkland Signature lemon poppy seed muffins.
DIAMOND FRUIT GROWERS
2 Diamond Fruit Growers* winter pears, peeled,
cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur,
or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 9-inch angel food cake, cut in 1-inch cubes
3 cups vanilla- or lemon-flavored yogurt
1 cup diced fresh or drained canned pineapple
Pear slices and mint sprigs for garnish
1. Toss pears in lemon juice and strawberries in liqueur. Combine orange
juice and honey; mix well.
2. In a deep 2- to 2 1/2-quart glass bowl, layer ingredients in the following
order: 1/3 of cake sprinkled with 1 tablespoon orange juice mixture, 1 cup
yogurt, 1 cup pears, 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 cup pineapple;repeat.
3. Top with remaining cake, sprinkle with remaining orange juice mixture,
and spread 1 cup yogurt over top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate
1-4 hours. Garnish with pear slices and mint just before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.