3 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 cup Northwest fresh sweet cherries, halved and pitted
1 cup chilled fresh lemon juice
1 1-liter bottle club soda or seltzer
Northwest fresh sweet cherries with stems
4 long stems of fresh mint
1. Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan; add cherries. Bring
to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat
and let cool to room temperature. Strain syrup into a container with
a tight-fitting lid; discard cherries. Refrigerate syrup until cold.
2. Fill a tall 12- to 16-ounce glass with ice. Pour 1/4 cup lemon juice
and 1/3 cup syrup over ice; top with club soda. Garnish with cherries
and mint. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Leftover syrup can be stored, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of Northwest Cherry Gro wers.
Hot Apple Cinnamon Fluffs
4 cups Tree Top Apple Juice or Apple Cider
1 cup marshmallow creme or fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat apple juice and pour into 4 mugs.
2. Place marshmallow creme in a bowl and stir in vanilla, cinnamon
3. Spoon the marshmallow mixture on top of the warm juice and serve.
Yum! Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.