Stuffed Gouda Cheese
1 14-ounce (approx.) whole Gouda cheese in wax
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
2 1/2 teaspoons red wine (or Worcestershire sauce)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon,
or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
Green onion, sliced
Breton, Cabaret or other Dare* crackers
1. Slice approximately 1 inch off the top of the cheese, cutting right
through the plastic wrap and wax. Using a sharp paring knife or
melon baller, hollow out the cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Remove
the plastic wrap but not the wax.
2. Shred the scooped-out cheese on the smallest shredder blade of a food
processor. Place shredded cheese, mustard, wine and tarragon in a large
bowl and toss lightly with a fork. Spoon the mixture into the Gouda shell.
There should be enough to fill the shell twice.
3. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with a selection of Dare crackers.
Makes 12-15 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1 teaspoon Emeril’s Original Essence*
1 cup chopped seeded tomato
1 teaspoon minced garlic
8 ounces white Cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup chopped canned mild green chiles
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot,
about 1 minute.
2. Add onion and Emeril’s Original Essence and cook, stirring, until soft,
about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato and garlic and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cheeses and chiles. Cook, stirring
constantly, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in sour cream, white pepper and salt. Serve immediately with
tortilla chips. Makes 6-8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.