NEW YORK STYLE SAUSAGE GRACE BAKING
Polenta Pie with Sausage, Spinach Smoked Turkey Paté Gondola
and Sun-Dried Tomatoes 1 loaf Grace Baking Pugliese artisan bread
POLENTA CRUST 4 garlic cloves, chopped 1 pound precooked smoked turkey
3 cups water 1/4 teaspoon salt 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 ounces (1/2 bag) Sonoma 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 cup yellow cornmeal dried tomato halves, blanched 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 cup shredded sharp and thinly sliced 1 cup chopped red onion
Cheddar cheese 1 10-ounce package frozen 2 tablespoons capers
FILLING chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
8 ounces New York Style Sausage 2 cups finely chopped Belgian endive Italian sausage 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 2 green onions, chopped Italian parsley, chopped, 1. Cut off the top of the bread loaf. Hollow out the loaf. Cut the top into for garnish slices for serving.
1. To prepare crust, bring water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. 2. Cut smoked turkey into chunks. Place in a food processor and pulse
Reduce heat to medium-low. Sprinkle in cornmeal, whisking constantly until finely chopped.
with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps. Boil gently for 10-15 minutes, 3. Place turkey in a large bowl;fold in cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill,
stirring often, until thick but pourable. Stir in Cheddar and cook until onion, capers, hot pepper sauce and Belgian endive.
cheese melts. Pour into a 10-inch pie plate. Set aside. 4. Fill the hollowed-out loaf with the mixture. Serve with reserved
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. slices of bread. Makes 16 servings.
3. Prepare filling by spraying a large skillet with nonstick spray. Remove * Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
sausages from casing and sauté with onions, garlic, salt and dried tomatoes
for 10-12 minutes, or until sausage is browned.
4. Assemble pie by spreading spinach evenly over polenta. Top with filling;
sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
Garnish with parsley. Serve hot. Makes 6-8 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.