Skewered Sweet Onions with Shrimp
3 pounds shrimp (21/25 or 26/30 count)
3 Keystone sweet onions, cut in chunks
2 red bell peppers, cut in chunks
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 cup Chesapeake Bay-style seafood seasoning
1/2 pound butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1. Steam 1 pound shrimp. Peel 1 pineapple and cut into chunks.
2. Peel remaining 2 pounds shrimp; thread on skewers with pineapple
chunks, onions and peppers;thread any remaining vegetables on skewers.
3. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
Grill skewers, basting with remaining oil;keep warm.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the juice and grated peel
of 1 lemon and 1 lime, garlic and herbs;keep warm.
5. Brush warm sauce on the cooked skewers and pierce the whole pineapple
with the skewers. Place remaining vegetables and steamed shrimp around
the pineapple. Top with sauce, lemon juice and lime juice. Makes 10 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
12 cups popped ACT II Microwave Popcorn, butter flavor
(about 3 bags)
4 cups slightly crushed tortilla chips
2 2.8-ounce cans french-fried onions
1/4 cup butter
1 1 1/4-ounce package dry taco seasoning mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine popcorn with tortilla chips and onions in a large bowl.
3. Melt butter with half of the taco seasoning mix in a medium saucepan
over low heat. Pour over the popcorn mixture, tossing gently to coat.
4. Spread on a large baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes. Pour into a large
serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining taco seasoning mix over the popcorn,
tossing to coat evenly. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Makes 16 cups.