BC HOT HOUSE
Marinated Tomatoes and Cucumbers
2 pounds BC Hot House Campari tomatoes
2 BC Hot House long English cucumbers
1 BC Hot House yellow sweet bell pepper
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Coarsely chop tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow pepper.
Arrange alternately in a shallow dish.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, oregano, thyme, sugar, salt and garlic
powder in a jar. Shake until well mixed; pour over vegetables.
3. Marinate for 3-4 hours, basting occasionally. Drain vegetables;
sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4-6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Creamy Italian Vinaigrette
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice or cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
1 egg white
Pocket Meals Pepperoni Pizza
1. Combine lemon juice or vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender or
2. With the machine running, add olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Beat egg white with a whisk until frothy. Whisk into the vinaigrette.
Makes 1 cup.
4. Toss vinaigrette with your favorite salad greens. Serve with Pocket
Meals Pepperoni Pizza (flavor may vary by region).