New Wave Salad with Shredded
Italian Parmesan, Grana Padano
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces fettuccine
1 1/2 cups vinaigrette
1 pound green beans, trimmed
6 ripe plum tomatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
2 cups kalamata or other black olives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 ounces shredded Cello Italian Parmesan, Grana Padano
1. Arrange basil leaves in a small stack and roll up lengthwise;
slice diagonally into slivers.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add oil and fettuccine and cook
at a rolling boil until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain, and
place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette and toss.
3. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; add beans. Simmer until just
tender, 5-8 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain.
4. Place pasta in a serving bowl. Cover with tomatoes and green beans,
then olives, slivered basil and parsley. Pour the remaining vinaigrette over
the salad. Sprinkle with Grana Padano and toss well. Makes 8 servings.
Broccoli Pasta Toss
1 cup small broccoli florets
1 1/4 cups cooked shell pasta
1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper
1. In a salad bowl, combine broccoli, pasta, raisins, onion and bell pepper.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Pour
the dressing over the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss.
Makes 4 servings.