Skillet Sausage Noodles
8 cups water
2 2/3 cups Bear Creek Country Kitchens Chunky Potato Soup Mix
1 pound sliced Italian link sausage
1 large onion, chopped
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Egg noodles, cooked and drained
Grated Cheddar cheese, optional
1. In a large soup pot, bring water to a rolling boil. Whisk in soup mix,
reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Brown sausage in a large sauté pan. Once sausage is cooked, add onions,
butter and basil. Cook on medium heat until onions are tender;add
tomatoes and pour into soup mix. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally
(approximately 10-15 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Serve over egg noodles. Sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese if desired.
Makes 10-12 servings.
SUNNY COVE CITRUS
Orange and Carrot Soup
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped yellow onions
2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup freshly squeezed Sunny Cove orange juice
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon freshly grated Sunny Cove orange peel
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1. Melt butter in a pot, add onions, cover and cook over low heat for
25 minutes, or until tender. Add carrots and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce
heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Cool slightly and strain, retaining stock. Pour solids into a food processor
and purée. Add 1 cup of the reserved stock and process until smooth.
3. Return the purée to the pot; add orange juice and additional stock
( 2-3 cups) if needed to reach desired consistency.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and grated orange peel. Serve hot
or at room temperature. Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream
and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Makes 4-6 servings.