WISCONSIN POTATO GROWERS
Parmesan Potato Wedges
4 large Healthy Grown russet potatoes, washed and drained
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut each potato lengthwise into 6 wedges. Place in a large
bowl, add oil and stir until potatoes are well coated.
3. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder
and thyme. Sprinkle mixture on potatoes and stir until potatoes
are well coated.
4. Spread potatoes on a greased baking sheet and bake for
35-40 minutes, or until tender and golden brown. Turn potatoes
once during baking. Makes 4-6 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
MACK FARMS/SOUTH FLORIDA
POTATO GROWERS EXCHANGE
Florida Fresh Potato Bake
6-8 medium new-crop red potatoes
1 large sweet onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Wash and thinly slice potatoes, leaving skin on. Peel and slice onion.
3. Place potatoes, onions and garlic in a covered casserole dish. Drizzle
with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly toss together to
coat potatoes and onions.
4. Cover casserole and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes are
fork tender. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: For variety, add chopped rosemary, tarragon or parsley.