Honey and Garlic Lamb Rack
with Orzo Salad
2 Frenched racks of Australian lamb
MARINADE Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups red wine 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey 1/4 cup chopped black olives
3 garlic cloves, crushed Kernels cut from 2 ears fresh corn
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
ORZO SALAD 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 pound orzo pasta Salt and freshly ground pepper
2. To make orzo salad, cook pasta according to package directions and drain
well. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining
ingredients. Toss well and season to taste.
3. Take the meat from the marinade and pat dry. Place the marinade in a
small pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is starting
to thicken to a glaze. Keep warm.
4. Heat a barbecue or grill to medium-high and cook the lamb until internal
temperature is 135-140°F (about 10-12 minutes each side). Let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon orzo salad onto a large platter and place the whole racks on top; or
separate the lamb into chops and serve on individual plates. Spoon the glaze over
the chops and serve with a green salad. Makes 4-6 servings.
Tip: Salad can be made 2-3 hours ahead and served cold with the lamb.
1. Make 4 shallow slashes, about 1/2 inch deep, down the meat side of each rack.
Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Pour marinade into a large, flat
glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb, turning to coat all sides and brushing into the
slashes. Marinate, meat side down, for 2-3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.