PLUME DE VEAU
Veal and Peppers
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 onion, minced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 5 1/2-ounce can low-sodium V8 juice
1/4 cup red wine
Pinch of dried thyme
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound Plume De Veau* veal cut for stew
1. In a soup pot, combine bell peppers, onion, garlic, V8, wine and seasonings.
Place veal on top.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 hours, or until veal
is tender. Makes 4 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
PLUME DE VEAU
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-1 1/2 pounds Plume De Veau veal scaloppine
Salt and pepper
Dash of ground ginger
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge veal in flour
and brown quickly in the skillet. Season to taste with salt, pepper and
2. Pour Marsala over veal and continue cooking until wine is reduced by
half. Turn scaloppine once during this time. When the wine is reduced
and the meat is tender, remove the scaloppine to a hot platter.
3. Add chicken broth to the pan. Bring to a boil and add parsley.
Pour juices over the meat. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.