PLUME DE VEAU
Grilled Veal Chops with Tarragon
4 Plume De Veau veal loin or rib chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place veal chops in a shallow dish with the chicken broth. Cover and
refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain chops, discarding broth.
2. Preheat grill to medium. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons of the tarragon,
salt and pepper. Rub veal with the tarragon mixture.
3. Grill chops, turning once, for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked to taste.
Serve chops garnished with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon.
Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
RICHMOND NEW ZEALAND
1 pound Kirkland Signature ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and chop until a coarse, sticky
paste forms, about 1 minute.
2. Spread the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a cylinder
1 1/2 inches in diameter. Twist ends of plastic wrap to seal. Freeze for about
3. Unwrap and carefully slice into 1/2-inch disks;immediately sear in a hot
oiled frying pan. Remove to a plate.
4. The disks will now be quite resilient. You can add them to any kind of
simmer sauce—they make an excellent curry. Heat for 5 minutes in the
sauce and serve over rice. Or brush with your favorite glaze and cook for
1 minute on the grill. Makes about 20 disks.