The Costco Way
One of Costco’s most popular food items is
its succulent rotisserie chicken, roasted fresh
daily in the warehouses. Costco member
Rhonda Barranco of Kahului, Hawaii, has
perfected the art of using this exceptional
chicken in a variety of recipes. For more
Costco rotisserie chicken recipes, see her
Web site, www.rhondas-recipes.com.
Sesame Chicken Salad
1 cup mayonnaise
Southwestern Chicken Salad
with Chipotle Caesar Dressing
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, or 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 cups cubed breast meat from Kirkland Signature rotisserie chicken
1/2 small head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 large carrot, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise 2 cups diced or shredded breast
1 tablespoon soy sauce meat from Kirkland Signature
1 tablespoon brown sugar or Splenda rotisserie chicken
1 tablespoon chicken broth 2 tomatoes, sliced
2 teaspoons diced chipotle peppers 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
in adobo sauce (or just the sauce) 1 small (7- to 8 3/4-ounce) can
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice corn, drained
1. Combine mayonnaise, sesame oil, sugar and ginger. Cover and
refrigerate for several hours.
2. Place cabbage, carrots and green onion in a large bowl, and toss. Sprinkle
the chicken and sesame seeds on top of the salad. Serve with the dressing
right away. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Sprinkle the salad with fried noodles for added crunch.
1 large head romaine lettuce, torn 1 cup black beans, optional
in bite-size pieces
1. Combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, chipotle
peppers and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
2. Place lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and cheese in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss.
3. Serve the corn and black beans in bowls on the table so you can add
them to the salad as you like. Makes 4 servings.
Curry Chicken Quiche
Chicken Enchiladas Verde
1/2 cup chopped onions 3-4 eggs
12 corn tortillas
1/4 cup butter 1 1/2 cups cream or half-and-half
2 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
(1 package) and Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup olive oil 2 cups cubed Kirkland Signature
1 tablespoon curry powder rotisserie chicken
4 cups shredded Kirkland Signature rotisserie chicken
4 cups shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
4 7-ounce cans green (tomatillo) enchilada sauce
1-2 teaspoons curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Put tortillas in a zipper-lock bag (do not zip) and warm for about 1 minute
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. in the microwave.
2. To make the crust, crumble crackers in an 8 1/2-by-10-inch glass baking dish. 3. In a large glass baking dish, fill each tortilla with chicken and cheese; pour
Sauté onions in butter until softened. Add crackers, onion and curry mixing to about 1/4 cup of green sauce over the filling and roll up. Pour remaining sauce
the olive oil and toss gently . over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Line the baking dish with cracker mix. Try to get the mix to stay on the sides. 4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Add a dollop of sour
4. To make the filling, beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add cream and combine well. cream to each serving. Makes 6 servings.
Stir in cheese, chicken and curry powder to taste. Pour over the cracker crumbs. Tip: Garnish with cilantro for company!
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or longer to brown. Makes 4-6 servings.