Italian Stuffed Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup blanched chopped spinach, squeezed dry
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces Tarantino’s mild Italian sausage, casings removed
1/4 cup seasoned flour
1/4 cup light olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice into the side of each chicken breast to
create a pocket.
2. Sauté garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil. Add Marsala and
simmer until mushrooms have absorbed the wine. Set aside to cool.
3. Add bread crumbs, spinach, green onions, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper
to the cooled mushrooms. Mix in sausage until everything is incorporated.
4. Open the chicken breast pockets and fill with the stuffing. Dredge in
seasoned flour and sauté in olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned.
Finish cooking in the oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is firm to the touch
and has an internal temperature of 160°F.
5. Serve with a Marsala sauce or tomato sauce. This is also good
served without a sauce if you so desire. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided by Chef David Chenelle.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.