Thai Chicken with Basil
4 Foster Farms Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
1 teaspoon oil
1 1/4 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
3 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup chopped basil
1 cup jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions
1. Slice chicken into strips.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
Add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 3 minutes,
stirring frequently; remove from pan.
3. Add chicken strips to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until
4. Return mushroom mixture to the pan; add grated lime peel, oyster
sauce and chopped basil. Heat through, about 3 minutes more.
5. Place cooked rice on a serving platter, top with chicken mixture
and garnish with basil leaves. Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
6 cups cornflakes
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
8-10 pieces Foster Farms* bone-in chicken
(split breasts, drumsticks or thighs)
1 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place cornflakes in a large zipper-lock bag and seal. Crush cornflakes
with a rolling pin. Add salt and pepper to cornflakes and shake. Set aside.
3. Roll chicken pieces in melted butter, then egg. Coat chicken pieces with
crushed cornflakes. Place in a nonstick baking dish.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature
of 170°F and is no longer pink inside. Makes 4-6 servings.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.