2 pounds Basin Gold* russet potatoes, peeled and boiled
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup biscuit mix
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
Garnishes: caviar, finely chopped red onion,
chopped yolks of hard-boiled eggs, sour cream
1. Grate potatoes into a bowl. Stir in lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in biscuit mix, salt and pepper.
Add onions and the potatoes. Purée in a food processor.
3. Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium-high. Spoon pancake
mixture into the hot skillet in 2-inch rounds. Cook until golden brown;
turn pancakes, press with the spatula, and cook until golden brown.
Serve with garnishes. Makes 48 pancakes.
Serving suggestion: As an alternative for brunch, serve the potato
pancakes with applesauce.
* Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
6 medium King Pak white potatoes
6 slices bacon
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, divided
1 pint sour cream
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Boil potatoes in their skins; peel and grate. Fry and crumble bacon.
Melt half of butter.
3. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, melted butter, sour cream,
cheese and green onions. Place in a buttered 9-by-13-inch pan. Top with
bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until it is heated through and the top is
browned. Makes 12 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.