FROM THE MEMBER’S KITCHEN
Suezy’s Game and Garden Beer Stew
This recipe was born out of the abundance of
game and hearty garden vegetables found in
1/4 cup fresh thyme 24 ounces dark beer
Mark Bjorkman, Snohomish, Washington
FROM THE EMPLOYEE’S KITCHEN
Mark’s Gorgonzola Rib-Eye Steak
1. Mix olive oil with half of the garlic and
half of the rosemary; rub on the steaks and
2. Mix butter, Gorgonzola, and remaining
garlic and rosemary until smooth; chill until
firm or overnight.
3. Grill steaks over medium heat, turning
several times, to an internal temperature of
130°F for medium-rare. Spoon equal amounts
of Gorgonzola butter on steaks and serve
immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Wine suggestion: Franciscan Merlot 1999
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Fry bacon until crisp.
Drain and place in a roasting pan, leaving grease
in sauté pan.
2. Sauté green peppers and mushrooms in the
bacon grease over medium heat until not quite
soft. Add to the reserved bacon.
3. Combine flour, thyme and black pepper in a
shallow dish. Dredge meat in the flour mixture
and brown in bacon grease in batches over high
heat. Add to the vegetables in the roasting pan.
Add more oil to bacon grease if necessary.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions until
soft, adding more oil if necessary. Stir in brown
sugar and bring to a boil; pour in the beer, stirring
frequently to remove any brown bits from the
bottom of the pan. Pour over meat, cover and
bake for 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Serve
with steamed vegetables. Makes 6-8 servings.