Prime Time International
Grilled Red Pepper Salsa
Prime Time peppers are grown throughout North
America and are available 365 days a year. Although
naturally sweet, bell peppers develop a delicious
smoky caramelized flavor when they are roasted.
3Prime Time*redbellpeppers 11/2 teaspoonsfresh
1. Prepare a hot fire. Grill peppers, turning
frequently, until skin is blackened all over, 10-15
minutes. Immediately seal peppers in a plastic
or brown paper bag and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Rub peppers under cold running water to remove
charred skin. Remove and discard stems and seeds.
Finely chop peppers and place in a small bowl.
3. Add olives, olive oil, capers, parsley, lemon juice,
garlic, red pepper and salt. Stir to blend well. Let
stand at room temperature for up to 3 hours, or
cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Makes 6-8 servings.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
1. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa,
black pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder,
cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño pepper and serrano
pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend
until smooth and creamy.
2. Place in a serving bowl. Makes 2 cups,
about 8 servings.
Don Miguel Mexican Foods
Cilantro Cream Dip
Try this delicious dip with any Don Miguel
Mexican Foods appetizer, such as Chicken
Chipotle Flautas or Beef Tamales. It can be
served with hot or cold items, which makes
it perfect for any kind of gathering.
Christopher Ranch Roasted Garlic
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Gently remove the outer
layers of skin from several whole garlic bulbs,
slightly exposing the individual unpeeled cloves
but leaving the bulbs intact. Cut the tip off each
bulb and place in a baking pan.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
3. Fill the baking pan with enough water or
chicken broth to cover the bottom.
4. Seal the pan with aluminum foil and bake for
approximately 1 hour, or until garlic cloves are soft.
5. To serve, break the garlic cloves off the bulbs
and squeeze the pulp onto slices of French bread.
Top each with a slice of sun-dried tomato and
enjoy. Makes 2-3 servings per bulb.