Pocket Meals Pepperoni Pizza
This great-tasting marinara sauce can be prepared
ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4cup chopped onions
1 garlic clove, minced
12 ounces plum
8 ounces tomato puree
Pinch of dried basil
Pinch of dried oregano
Salt and pepper
12 Pocket Meals Pepperoni
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over low heat
and cook onions for about 10 minutes. Add garlic
and cook until transparent.
2. Add tomatoes and puree; simmer for about 20
minutes. Add herbs and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as a
dipping sauce for Pocket Meals sandwiches, or
serve on pizza, bread, over pasta or however you
choose. Makes 12 servings.
Hormel Foods Crumbled BLT Dip
2 cups sour cream, Melba toast, crackers
3 medium tomatoes,
seeded and diced
1. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream in a
2. Gently fold in tomatoes until evenly distributed.
Stir in crumbled bacon to taste.
3. Serve as a dip with melba toast, crackers or
bread. Makes 1 quart or 12-15 servings.
Jennie-O Turkey Store
Thai-Style Turkey Spring Rolls
Jennie-O Turkey Store, based in Minnesota, is
the largest producer of turkey in the United
States. Here is a great new way to use turkey
in a Thai-style roll. Try their precooked turkey
in any recipe that calls for cooked poultry.
12 ounces Jennie-O Turkey 3/4cuppeanuts, toasted,salted
for dipping, optional
1. Combine turkey, carrots, onions, mint, peanuts
and cilantro in a large bowl.
2. Lay out rice paper wrapper in a “diamond”
position. Place mound of turkey mixture in center.
Fold nearest corner over filling. Fold in left corner
over filling, then right corner. Roll up tightly.
3. Dab water on wrapper’s inside tip to seal.
Place seam side down on plate. Repeat with
4. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
Makes 16 servings.
Variation: To make egg rolls, use wonton
wrappers. Fry rolls in peanut oil 3-4 minutes,
or until golden brown.