Sea Watch New England
151-ouncecanSea Watch 3tablespoonsbutter
chopped clams, drained,
with juice reserved
1. Cook pork in a large soup pot over low heat
until brown and the fat is rendered.
2. Cook onions and celery in pork fat for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over onions and cook, stirring
constantly, for 3 minutes. Add clam juice, stirring
until the sauce is smooth and simmering.
3. Add potatoes and simmer until tender, adding
water if the mixture becomes too thick. Add
clams, milk and half-and-half. Return to a simmer.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in butter
before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Mott’s Tuna Waldorf Salad
1. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, lemon juice,
mayonnaise and apple sauce. Stir in grapes, scallions,
walnuts, dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Serve chilled on a bed of lettuce. Makes 4 servings.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.