and Walnut Salad
1. Rinse endive leaves, pat each to dry and cut
the leaves into squares. Place in a salad bowl
2. In a separate bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mustard,
and salt and pepper to taste, until emulsified.
3. Toss endive and walnuts with dressing.
Makes 6 servings.
BC Hot House
Tomato Mango Basil Salad
This salad makes a colorful addition to any
table with an unusual trio of flavors that work
6 large BC Hot House*
2 large ripe mangoes,
peeled and sliced
in thin wedges
1 cup packed fresh basil,
cut in thin strips,
reserving several leaves
1. Arrange tomatoes in overlapping circles to
cover a large round platter.
2. Intersperse mango wedges among tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Garnish
with reserved basil leaves. Makes 10-12 servings.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.