Mountain View Fruit
Peachy Pasta Salad
wagon wheel pasta
3/4cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3cup white wine vinegar
3 Summertime Label*
1/ 1 2cuppecanorwalnuthalves /2teaspoonsalt
1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling salted
water with 2 tablespoons oil until tender, about
8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
2. In a large bowl, combine pasta, peaches, bell
pepper, nuts and yogurt.
3. In a jar, combine dressing ingredients; shake.
4. Pour dressing over pasta and toss gently.
5. Refrigerate until chilled, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Tip: If fresh basil is not available, substitute
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and 1
tablespoon dried basil.
*Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
Kirkland Signature/Maple Leaf
Bacon and Spinach Salad
1 red onion, sliced thin
6 slices Kirkland Signature/
Maple Leaf bacon, cut in
2-inch pieces and fried
1/4cup walnut halves
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon celery seeds
2 bunches spinach,
washed and drained,
1. Prepare dressing by blending together sugar,
oil, mustard and salt. Add vinegar and celery
seeds; shake or beat well. Chill.
2. In a large bowl, mix together spinach, onion,
bacon and walnuts. Add chilled dressing and
toss until well coated. Arrange tomatoes on top.
3. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Spicy Granny Smith Potato Slaw
This garden-fresh recipe makes a great salad
to serve with grilled meats. It showcases the
talents of three independent companies working
together: Brewster Heights Packing, Mack
Farms and South Florida Potato Growers.
4 cups shredded
2 cups Granny Smith
apples, cut in cubes
2 cups cooked potatoes
cut in cubes
1-2 fresh jalapeño
1/2cup diced sweet onion
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4cup lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
1. Toss cabbage, apples, potatoes, jalapeños and
onions in a large bowl.
2. Stir sugar into lemon juice in a medium bowl
to dissolve. Stir in mayonnaise.
3. Toss with cabbage mixture. Season to taste
with salt and pepper. Makes 8-10 servings.